Friday, May 12, 2017
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
For the crafter, the winner is Celine Fonacier from Quezon City, Philippines! Congratulations Celine!
For the Follower raffle, the winner is Kat! Yayyyyy
Please check your messages if you are the lucky winner! Reply back to me asap!
These are perfect for the crafter in you!
2 sets of these go to some lucky people :)
Brush Pen - perfect for calligraphy
Paper set - comes in a variety of designs perfect for origami or other crafts
Paper stationery set - beautiful traditional Japanese prints that are so nice to use as material for projects as well as origami
Scarf - I love the design on this fabric! Tie around your straw hat when you go to the beach, or just wear as a bandanna
Elastic scarf - for the neck or hair or just for an accent to your outfit
Chalkboard - so cute and portable! Nice for your desk or for the family announcements, as a signboard or display
Curtain - The design on this short curtain is so funky that you can just hang it on your wall to make it less boring :)
Likey? Then... Joiny!
The other set of prizes will go to one of my followers. I'll raffle all of you off! So fingers crossed!
This contest is open worldwide!
Ends May 8, 2017.
I joined these link parties
21 Rosemary Lane
Oh my Heartsie Girl
5 Minutes for Mom
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Saturday, April 15, 2017
Do you love Easter! I do! It's when all things dark and dreary are cast into this marvelous, unvanquishable light!
Jesus is risen! God, in His infinite love and goodness restored man's relationship with Him through Jesus' ultimate sacrifice on the cross.
Sin and death has no more power over us as Jesus has taken it all upon Himself so we don't have to! If we but allow the risen Lord to come into our hearts and lives, we will be a new creation!
Thank You Lord for what You have done for us! Undeserving though we are, You've loves us with an everlasting love and divine mercy so that whatever we have done in our lives, You will still welcome us -forgiving us with open arms.
Happy Easter everyone! May we have the fullness of life God desires to give us!
Thursday, April 13, 2017
Monday, March 27, 2017
Do we long for deeper faith? It's something we probably never really thought of having a longing for.
A deeper faith is something we should desire. With faith, nothing is impossible! Through our faith, we overcome and we have victory in our lives!
Deeper faith for me today is holding on to God's Word that says "by His stripes, we are healed."
I've been coughing and wheezing and snorting and sneezing for several days now and I have not been able to cook for my husband much.
I believe that God wants me to believe without seeing and to already thank Him for my recovery before I actually see it!
To God be the glory! Thank You Lord for my full recovery!
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
And now for the most awaited portion of my post (oh really now?)... you're getting a sneak peek into my journal.
These are from notes I took during our community's conference. I'm part of Ang Ligaya ng Panginoon community (The Joy of the Lord) here in the Philippines. The community has been around since 1975 and I've actually been a member for the most part of my life. It's truly a place where we see God's face in the love we have for one another.
So... I won't be talking about everything on here, but just 1 or 2 points.
If you're a Christian, then automatically you are also a missionary. Whether you stay at home and feed 11 cats or find yourself in an airplane more than on land, you are still a missionary. You're called to bring Christ to the world.
So even if you can share your faith only on the computer, then do that - because every person needs to know they are SO VERY LOVED by God! (That's what's meant by participating in social media).
This year, we want to obey God's call to "enlarge our tent". We want to be channels of faith to the world, not just our own little worlds!
I love the quote from Schindler's List - indeed when we love people, we are able to save them and ourselves too!
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Got time for a 10-minute craft?
Just recently I got a whole bunch of used paper from the office just to save these from the trash bin. They were a bunch of bond paper with writings on the back. I also got a bunch of old receipts we no longer needed - without knowing what to do with them.
So I thought maybe there was a way to make them look nicer while they were waiting to be used.
So basically I had all of these around so I didn't need to buy anything! Weeeee!
I actually have a paper cutter so that was really nifty to use. I must say that you don't really need perfectly cut pieces of paper unless you're giving this to someone. You're recycling! (excuses excuses)
1. Cut the paper to the size you want your pages to be! Silly me, I wasn't able to take a picture of me cutting the burlap but it's similar to cutting the paper anyways except, make it twice as big - as it will cover your whole notebook.
4. Go on and attach everything to everything!
5. This is how the back looks. Don't want them to be sticking out that way? You can glue gun a piece of ribbon or duct tape it (really?) :)
6. This is the back of the notepad. The burlap is in front and at the back portion to make it a little bit stronger.
I joined the Craft blog parties at Paper Sweeties! Thanks for hosting y'all!
Monday, February 20, 2017
The issue of the death penalty has come up again recently and is presently being debated on at
10 Reasons I am against the death penalty... (aside from the fact that it is morally wrong to kill someone).
1. If the person was wrongly accused, a reversal of the verdict cannot bring the person back.
2. Studies show the death penalty doesn't reduce the crime rate. U.S. research show that regions with no death penalty have consistently lower homicide rates compared to states with it in place.
3. People with insufficient funds, being unable to get good lawyers can easily be convicted.
4. If we, as a nation approve this bill, our taxes will fund this act, making us co-perpetrators. A quote says it well, "Why do we kill people who kill people to show killing people is wrong?"
5. I don't want to give the government the power to kill people.
Sorry I still have trust issues.
6. "Imposing a death sentence as a consequence of killing wrongly perpetuates a cycle of violence in our community," said Rev. Rene Robert who worked with criminals with mental health issues and was eventually killed by one of them. He asked that the Governor “take whatever action is necessary” to prevent any person convicted of his murder from being executed. “During my life," he wrote, "I want to feel confident that under no circumstances whatsoever will my death result in the capital punishment of another human being.”
7. Some victims and their families have expressed that healing didn't take place when the criminal was killed and some even experienced regret.
8. "Revenge" isn't a good idea.
9. I believe you can still find God even if you are a hardened criminal and have a changed life (even behind bars).
10. Of course... LIFE is sacred, a gift from God that only God has the right to take.
What do you think about the Death Penalty?
Friday, February 17, 2017
"He who fashioned the heart of each,
he who knows all their works." Psalm 33:15
As I was looking out the window today, a bird fluttered by. The years peeled away and I was taken back to 2006, when I took in a baby bird, close to death and nursed him 49 days to finally "leave the nest" and fly away. (see below)
Our family named him Squirt and he went everywhere with us. I taught him how to fly and to look fierce (see video above) so as to ward away predators. He would perch on our shoulders and eat bananas from our hands. He was truly a part of the family.
I was suddenly taken back to the porch of our home, telling Squirt to go and live his life. I was afraid that one day, one of the cats living outside our house would catch him. I couldn't ever live with that memory, so like a mama bird, I told Squirt to fly away.
On a day like today, I'm missing my feathery friend. He was like a "son" to me. Despite my lack of sleep checking on him (seeing if he was still alive), and poop ridden bed (covered in brown paper), I would be elated by his progress such as, having a bird batch by himself in the middle of the night. I did research and found that a bird was an adult once he started "talking". Indeed, Squirt did. He was a talkative one, not chirping, but talking. You would only know what I mean if you heard a bird talk.
In my heart of hearts I'm wishing that Squirt knew how much I cared about him and miss him. Sometimes I regret letting him go so fast.
But I take comfort that whatever love is in our hearts - that we give away - even to the wee creatures of the earth, is never wasted. God knows all that we do out of love. He created our hearts with each having the capacity to love greatly. He knows all that molds and breaks our hearts.
I know not one sparrow falls to the ground without our heavenly father knowing. He loves each of His creations even more than I love Squirt!
God knows each of our loves, and never forgets.