Feature

📣 Miscellaneous FREEBIES 🔥

Hey there! Through the years I've designed some FREEBIES for papemelroti that I know you will all enjoy.  Here are some links that I have compiled. see FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE

Feminized Frame

Last December, a very good friend of mine gifted me with a frame and some pictures.  The frame didn't match my room so I thought I'd pretty it up a bit.  I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind.


I gathered together:


my glue gun with glue stick
cloth scissors
ruler 
scrap cloth
ballpen
ribbon and rikrak (optional)




Step 1:  Lay the cloth right side down and put the picture frame on top.  Cut the scrap cloth in a size about an inch to half inch larger than your picture frame.  You need to check it goes all the way around so it depends on the size of what you have.  Also pick cloth that will be thick enough so the design of the picture frame underneath won't be seen through.  





Step 2: With a ballpen, mark a small box inside, making sure it has the same measurement from the picture frame sides so you won't lack cloth to cover it.



Step 3: Cut away the middle portion and excess sides (if any). 




Step 4: Dab some glue on one corner... 




... and fold like so (below).  Do this for all 4 corners.  




Step 5:  Now you need to fold all the sides and try to do this as neatly as possible.  Check the front from time to time to check if there are any creases you need to smooth.  






When everything is glued onto the picture frame, it will look like this.  Hopefully yours looks neater than mine.



Step 6:  This is for those of you who want to pretty it up some more.  Glue some thin ribbon onto the edges to cover any wrinkles.



Step 7:  Cover the inside edge with rikrak and you're done! 



Here's the frame that totally matches my room now.  It's a picture of me and my good friend Norie!


I hope you enjoyed crafting with me.
 





StudioJRU


I Can Teach My Child





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Comments

  1. What a great project! I love the fabric that you used. Looks so pretty with your photo! Thanks so much for joining us 'in the studio' and sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! Glad to see that you always have a regular craft post.

    Your picture together looks like you both are wearing Filipiniana...very fitting to the wooden table and white doily!

    happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you lovely ladies liked it! Jumping for joy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I hope you enjoy your time browsing this page. 🥰

posts you might like

Show more