Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

Reflections

Just sharing with you a couple of my doodles this past week.

When I read this passage, I remembered the verse from Deuteronomy...

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!" (Deuteronomy 30:19)

The choices we make determine what we and our children will experience in life.
With obedience comes blessing!
I choose life!

*.................*.................*................*...............* 

This is something that just came to my mind.  It's useful for those
times when we don't know why things happen the way they do.
We must always remember that God is in control and is constantly looking
for ways to bless us!
*.................*.................*................*...............* 


This is a great passage as it calls forth our deepest faith in God and our most fervent love for Him.
To try and do something again and again, fail and have God tell you to try again
is difficult BUT if He says do it, then again, blessing will most certainly ensue.
We need to focus on the Lord of the seas, rather than on the catch or 
we will not have the abundant results we long for.
We have to trust that His ways are best though beyond our understanding.
*.................*.................*................*...............* 


We had a power outage one day in our home and it was the perfect time to
take this shot.  It's always uncomfortable in the darkness.  It's tiring and
burdensome.  Just like when we hide our true selves from others,
keep up a front, wear masks. It is better to be honest, to live in the light,
admitting our flaws and weaknesses so God can work and others can
support us in our journey.

*.................*.................*................*...............* 


Last but not the least is this quote that caught my fancy.  Audrey Hepburn is a 
picture of elegance and style.  She exuded true beauty that came from within.

In our Bible Study we talked knowing where our identity comes from, knowing 
our worth and who we really are.  We are not defined by our talents, looks,
accomplishments, riches... these are all passing. We have an eternal identity
in God and He has called us to be His sons and daughters.  

'For in him we live and move and have our being.' (Acts 17:28)

Have a blessed weekend ahead!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I hope you enjoy your time browsing this page. 🥰

posts you might like

Show more