Feature

Consoling the heart of Jesus

Good Friday meditation drawing  When Saint Therese was a little girl she had a prayer card with a painting of Jesus imprisoned in his cell looking at a single flower. This single flower was the source of his consolation. Saint Therese from those moments wished to be that flower providing comfort to our Lord throughout her life.

Filled with Good Things



"When You open Your hand they are filled with good things" Psalm 104

It was Christmas eve and I was just a little girl waiting impatiently for the clock to strike 12! Once it did, I started opening presents. 

One gift was constructed in a very creative fashion. It was a group of connected cubes and each cube had something inside it!  My sister took up architecture in college these were presumably from one of her projects. 

For the life of me I cannot remember what were the gifts inside but I remember the awe and delight I felt while I was opening this!

Oftentimes we neglect to see the blessings that surround us. They are under the guise of always being there, things we think we are entitled to, or coming from our own efforts? 

Blessings are gifts God delights to give us. His hand opens up every single day with good things. It is something we should always have - a grateful, humble, awed heart, mindful of Him whom all blessings flow. 

Comments

posts you might like

Show more