Feature

Consoling the heart of Jesus

Good Friday meditation drawing  When Saint Therese was a little girl she had a prayer card with a painting of Jesus imprisoned in his cell looking at a single flower. This single flower was the source of his consolation. Saint Therese from those moments wished to be that flower providing comfort to our Lord throughout her life.

Flower Decor Craft




One of the things my husband gave me for my birthday were some Chrysanthemums.  I've been wanting to have some plants for the longest time but somehow I couldn't make up my mind what kind to get.




After a day though, one of the stems broke off.    Yes, I did research how to care for them but still, this flower had its own plans.




As they say, "Waste not, want not" so even a tiny flower shouldn't be put to waste!





I got some kitchen cleaning sheets and sandwiched the flower stems inside 2 sheets.  I was careful to lay it flat on the sheet so it would dry nicely with as little air passing through the sheets as possible.






I could just imagine these in a bookmark or picture frame or something.





There they go tucked away in a book for later use.


That same book had a few flowers I've been drying.  So let's take a peek how we will use them...





So, getting some packaging material from a gift we got last Christmas, I layout all the flowers inside the little "window".

Do you like it?




Let's see, maybe we can do it another way!







How about this?  I encased my artwork with the dried flowers to add a bit of interest.


Which style do you like best?


I sure hope you enjoyed today's craft!

Comments

posts you might like

Show more